29 October, 2005

Mike and Aisha

I made it! He threw himself onto the seat out of breath and pulled his cell phone out of his pocket. Just a quick SMS and everything will be running as planned… What?… Where did I put his number? Under Eddy? I thought I saved the number!… Wait a minute… maybe I can remember it… 0172... 75949... 45... Or was it 54? No matter. I'll try it with 45 and if that doesn't work, then with 54...

That guy looks sweet. If he would just stop playing around with his cell phone and look at me. Hello, you hot guy, here I am, look at me!… Oh, my stupid cell phone! I hate it when people call me in public, probably my mother… An SMS? Who could it be? "Caught train. On my way." Huh? Someone must have made a mistake. Delete or answer? Why not, actually? "I'm on my way, too" OK, back to my beau.

Why is she looking at me like that? I hate it when people stare… I'm saved, my cell phone, Eddy for sure, so the number was right after all… What? Huh? He's on his way, too? Going where? I thought we'd meet at his place?…

I think he's shy, the way he keeps avoiding my glance. But I'll get you yet, before your stop, my darling… Oh not again… "I thought we'd meet at your place?" That lost soul again… We'll get to the bottom of this in a moment…

Thank god for cell phones. At least she's not staring at me anymore… It's Eddy again… What? Who I am? So it was the wrong number. Should I answer? What the hell. At least I'll be busy and won't have to notice her staring at me…

Oh, damn, he got another message. Oh the way he sinks his head concentrating, he looks even better, with those long eyelashes… heavenly… Shit! My cell phone again… "My name's Mike and you?" Yeah, with a name like that no wonder you keep dialing wrong numbers…

Well, if it's a girl, maybe I can make a little game out of it, maybe she's really sweet, who knows? Aha, the answer… Yes, I knew it! Aisha, if she isn't pretty as sin with a name like that!…

He smiled! I think I'm about to fall in love! Should I say something to him? That cell phone again… Sure, sure, I know I have a beautiful name, but I don't want anything to do with Mikes, so just keep quiet…
Now where is her answer? Two whole stops and she's silent… Stop staring at me you stupid goose! It's getting on my nerves, what happened to Aisha?…

Why is he so nervous? Did he notice that I've been watching him the whole time. I've got to talk to him! I have to!… What should I say? Hi? No, that's stupid… Hey, how ya doin? That's even worse… Oh man, I thought if I didn't answer this Mike would leave me alone… Sure, as if I want to meet every creep dialing a wrong number…

She's still not answering… I won't give up. I have her number. I'll take it as a challenge, yeah… I'll find a way to meet her…

Two more stops and I have to get off! Courage Aisha! Talk to him…

Finally, next stop and I‘m out. Then I'll be free of those staring eyes. How can she stare at me so boldly? One more SMS to Aisha. I'm not giving up, you beauty…

I think he's going to get off. Now or never…

- Hey,… how are you!…

He didn't even hear me… Too late… I screwed it up… Farewell my lovely… Oh man, this stupid Mike just won't give up… "F*** off" - that must have been clear enough.

2 comments:

Indeterminacy said...

I just love the way Aisha digs her own grave and then pushes herself into it. She got exactly what she deserved.

Anonymous said...

This story reminds me of what I have often done. Hesitating too long, then trying to speak to a woman when it's all but too late.

And, what woud have happened if she had at first impulse said "Hi, my name is Aisha".

A good example of the fine line between success and failure in all that we do.